I suggest you ...

Add support for Android Wear notifications

Android Wear receives notifications based on the apps notification settings. If you have disabled vibration and sounds within an app so the apps notifications can be controlled via Light Flow, Android Wear no longer receives notifications for the app. It would be helpful to add the ability to "Send to Wear" in the Light Flow notification options, similar to the "Send to Pebble" option.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Travis OTravis O shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ole OlafsonOle Olafson commented  · 

I second this. It would definitely be a killer feature to be able to control and maybe even customize the wear notifications :)

• NickNick commented  · 

Turns out the Moto 360 doesn't have a speaker (my mistake there).

What I've done for a temp workaround is just enable vibration in the specific apps, independently from LightFlow. This is *kind* of a bummer, as my phone will now vibrate at night, but hopefully a seldom vibrate here and there is not enough to wake me up... I look forward to being able to sleep these vibrations in the future, but for now, this works.

• NickNick commented  · 

Just received my Moto 360 and am going to disable Lightflow for the time being :(

As stated previously the notifications definitely show up on the watch. However there is no sound or vibration and no settings to control this. Unfortunately this renders the watch and the point of Android wear somewhat useless. I will look forward to an update that allows these options and it is a very hard thing for me to have to disable Lightflow after living with it for so long :/

I know this question is frowned upon but... Any idea when this feature could be implemented? Obviously I don't know your situation or the time you have dedicated to this project... Just curious. Not trying to act entitled.

• Yes that make sense. I am planning on adding wear support to hopefully allow more control regarding granularity by using lightflow instead of the native apps.

Determining when to send notifications, if they vibrate and only for specific contacts is certainly something I'm wanting to add.

• Travis OTravis O commented  · 

I realize now, I missed a specific detail. Yes, you're correct, anything that shows up in the notification bar will show up on Android Wear. However, the vibration notification on the watch will not occur if the app's notification settings (sound or vibration) is off. In the case, the notification would appear on the watch, but would do so silently.

So, what I'm suggesting above is more about sending the vibration to Android Wear.

Feedback and Knowledge Base