I suggest you ...

sync notifications across devices like android.

Gmail, google talk, etc are all accessible on browsers, other tablets, etc. When you view an email on your pc browser android will clear the notification on your device, but light flow will keep the notification until you clear it on each device. Please sync notifications like android.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Micah shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Markus Boström commented  · 

I agree with AJWeber, it would be great if Lightflow could clear notifications in for all apps. I use several devices for e-mail, sms(mighty text), calendar and other messaging applications. It's a bit annoying clearing old and read notifications.

I hope Lightflow will implement this feature soon.

• AJWeber commented  · 

OK, I ran more tests. I think LightFlow is following its "Clear Notification Style" strictly. What I think we're asking for is that the repeat-notifications also discontinue if/when the "New Mail" notification is cleared (which Touchdown will do automatically if a mail is marked read from another client).

This could be a good Feature Request for all apps -- that is, add another option for the "Clear Notification Style" that clears it when the android notification is cleared. (I would envision this could be additive, so maybe a separate checkbox, but even if it was just another, distinct option in the list, it would be great.)

Thanks.

• AJWeber commented  · 

(I couldn't find a way to edit my previous post/comment, so sorry to add...)

I may very well be wrong about my initial assessment. It could be just that Touchdown is not updating and removing the notification, so LightFlow is continuing its job.

I may have to find a different way to set this up. The deeper integration with Tasker would help. Then I could enable/disable repeating notifications according to Tasker profiles. (Whether that is LightFlow being able to check Tasker's running profiles, or whether Tasker can toggle specific LightFlow settings on/off.)

• AJWeber commented  · 

I am using Touchdown (and love LightFlow Pro, btw), and do not find that the notifications are clearing properly.

In other words, if I am at my desk and read a new email from Outlook, Touchdown detects this (not always, which is obviously not a problem with LF), and clears the new-mail-notification. However, it seems that the repeating part of my LF notification settings continues until I visit the app (which is the setting I have for dismissing in LF).

It would be great if, when the Touchdown notification is gone from the notifications bar, Lightflow discontinues any "repeat" settings for that.

Thanks!
        -AJ

• Jason Lyle commented  · 

Is there any way to just tie into the system notification architecture? So that if i simply dismiss the email notification from the tray it would dismiss the light flow notification? It seems to me that this would solve the problem of dismissing a notification when an email is read on another device.

• Kevin commented  · 

Would be nice if it worked on standard email in android.

• Chris commented  · 

this does work for me on gmail, but it would be really great it also supported standard email, touchdown, google voice, etc...

I do find that i am constantly clicking my screen on and off to clear lightflow notifications for stuff i know i read on another device.

• Mat Krmp commented  · 

Doesn't work for me either. I can read the gmail on a laptop and the notification will continue to blink even hours later. When I wake my screen, there is no gmail notification. Either Light Flow doesn't recognize that it has gone away or there is a problem with my phone??

• Micah commented  · 

Google voice seems to be the problem then... the text messages which i saw somewhere else are a known issue with access to the various parts within

• Micah commented  · 

This would also apply to exchange email and other similar services built into android.

Feedback and Knowledge Base